Friday, June 24, 2011

19 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: Not sure. I go to my ob monday and my endocrinologist on wednesday. I will find out then and post next week. I still don't think I have gained much 'yet' except in my stomache...we'll see!

Sleep: Like a rock!

Food/Eating: Appetite hasn't changed much. My indecisiveness is still there though. I have found myself eating more fruit than normal. I usually stay away from fruit (being a diabetic) because the sugar in it burns so quickly in my system. It makes it hard to control my blood sugar when I eat things like that. I'm not sure if it is a craving or just that it tastes so good and refreshing because it has been so hot lately! To help fight the urge to eat a ton of fruit, I have been getting sonic's diet strawberry limeades. They are refreshing and I can eat the little bit of fruit at the bottom without sending my body into complete shock:) They are so good--and DIET!

Movement: Finally! I was laying down last friday night watching a movie and felt the baby move. It was the strangest feeling. It was more like a pressure or pushing on my insides than a flutter. It hasn't stopped since. This little peanut is an active child to say the least. I'm not sure it ever sleeps. As I type, I think it is practicing karate kicks and punches. It is a crazy feeling but so special. I feel a different bond than I had before. It's almost like it makes it real. I can definately see a change in my body and now feel it. I can't believe my pregnancy is almost half way over. I have a feeling I'm going to miss this:)

Gender: Monday is the day...June 27 at 2pm. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!

What I miss: Nothing yet. In fact, I enjoy most everything about being pregnant right now. I hope these thoughts stay with me throughout the hot and muggy Kentucky summer!

Looking forward to: Finding out the sex and seeing this sweet, active baby inside me. Also looking foward to when Kevin can actually feel the baby kick. He has been asking what it feels like and he will try to push on my belly to feel something. I keep telling him maybe another month or so. I hope so, I know he is anxious.

No comments:

Post a Comment