Tuesday, March 6, 2012

4 months











Weight- 14.5 pounds (50th percentile)

Height- 24 inches (50th percentile)


Miss Saylor has grown so much these past few weeks! She has experienced her first cold, her first time in the church nursery, her first tornado, and she rolled over for the first time!!! We were at our check-up at the doctor and I was just explaining to her how Saylor had no desire to roll over. She is content on her back and her belly. I have never seen a baby that doesn't mind being on their belly. Well, as I am telling this to the doctor, she rolls from her back to her belly. I couldn't believe it. It was almost as if she knew what I was saying and thought "I'll show her." Haha. I was a very proud mommy. She has done it a few times since and we usually cheer so loud it scares her:) I love when she's a happy girl and it was tough on us al when she was sick. The cold was terrible. I slept with her on my chest for 3 nights because she couldn't breathe when she layed down flat. Luckily, that passed quickly and it ended up being a mild cold. The weather has been crazy here and that probably caused the cold. Consequently, there were really bad storms last week and some really bad tornadoes. We were so lucky that it skipped over where we live but my heart goes out to the small town that was completely destroyed. It is only 30 miles north of where we live. I never really minded storms before, but now it is a completely different story. I was so scared and paranoid all day about what to do and where to go. I had a whole storm station set up in the basement and probably could have stayed down there for a month without leaving. It's always better to be over prepared, right? This past Sunday, we went to church and I decided to let her stay in the nursery. She did well. I was so worried that her number would be up on the screen and I would have to go get her. When I see one of those numbers flash, I always feel so bad for the parent that has to do the walk of shame out of the sanctuary to get their kid. Luckily, she was a perfect little angel:) Aside from all of her first, she is still eating 4 ounces every 2-3 hours except she will have a 6 ounce bottle when she wakes up in the morning. She usually goes down to bed between 9 and 10 and wakes up about 8. I have been blessed with a good sleeper! I love listening to her wake up in the morning. I like to lay in bed and just watch her. She kicks and talks for at least 30 minutes before she starts to fuss. Thankfully, that gives me a little time to wake up too. We are getting a pretty good routine down in the morning and at night. I have started back to work and I love it. I had my reservations about it at first but I am so thankful to be at a salon that I love. It makes being away from my baby girl a little easier. After we wake up, I feed her and we play for about an hour. When I notice she is getting bored, I put her in either the swing or the bouncy seat with mickey mouse clubhouse on and she will watch an entire show or 2 while I get ready for work. After that, we pack up and head to grandma's. My mom and Kevin's mom watch her during the week. It is such a blessing that they are able to do so. Depending on who gets off work first, Kevin or I pick her up and head home for dinner. We try to play for a while then we get ready for bed to start all over again the next day. I really enjoy this stage where Saylor knows my voice and can react. She also giggles and it is the cutest thing ever! We are so lucky to have such a sweet girl in our lives. Everyday is sweeter than the last:)

No comments:

Post a Comment