Monday, June 22, 2009

Making the House a Home


This is a photo of the dining room window. This area comes off of our family room and also leads into the kitchen. This is probably my favorite part of the house...or at least my favorite wall. My friend Lindsay and I painted the stripes by hand and then I had the panel drapes made. I love the cheetah ruffle.

This is in the family room on the front window. That window gives off a ton of light so we wanted a little privacy with the green sheers that could be pulled across if needed. The cornice board also has the green cheetah ruffle to tie the room together. This is a huge window and it needed some color added to it.



This is also the family room. To the left is the front window and to the right is the dining area with the striped wall. I had the relaxed roman shades put up to fix the bare wall and to also add a more comfortable feel to the room. I had pillows made in all of the fabrics we used to pull everything together. I was really pleased with how everything turned out.


This is the upstairs bathroom. I had the relaxed roman shade made as well as the shower curtain. I love it all!!!
I will post more pictures as I finish the decorating process. I love having a house that I can decorate and I love having a husband-to-be that let's me do it. While he thinks most of these things are silly and unnecessary, we have made an agreement that he can decorate the basement (once it's finished) and he can completely control the outside of the house. I think he secretly likes the window treatments although he would NEVER admit it!


3 comments: