Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekend Recap and Lady Antebellum

I had a super busy weekend. We planted tulips AND mums, cleaned the house, and did some much needed laundry. Let's hope that the tulips come up this spring:) We had 2 cookouts. One with my Dad and his family for my step sister's birthdays. One is turning 9 and the other is turning 20. After that, we headed to the Szabo's (Kevin's sister) because our brother-in-law's parents were in town from New Hampshire. We had a great time visiting with them. Karley was super excited to have all 4 grandparents there. She can be quite the entertainer! We also got to go to the Lady Antebellum concert. My mom, her friend Betty, my sister-in-law, and I went. It was AMAZING!!!





































For one of the cookouts, I make a salad that I thought was pretty tasty, Here is the recipe for it:
SALAD
*use any kind of greens-I used romain
*one sliced pear
*one sliced apple
*toasted almonds
*parmesan or asiago cheese
*craisins
DRESSING
*1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
*1/3 cup lemon juice
*1/2 cup sugar
*1/2 teaspoon salt
*2 teaspoons onion
*2/3 cup canola oil
Sorry no pictures but very yummy and pretty too! I hope everyone enjoys their week!!!








1 comment:

  1. I'm sure they were performing "Need You Now" in that photo where Hillary and Charles were singing face to face. I love that song! They will be doing a tour this summer, but too bad they won't be in Kentucky. You can go to OH or TN if you want, whichever is nearer. They're pretty much busy for the whole months of June and July, so make sure you also free up your schedules then. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete